Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Two Year Reunion

 

A couple of weeks ago I received a call from the McAvoy family wanting to do an update to their family portraits I did two years ago.

Before I go on, I need to give a little background on this particular shoot.

Two years ago, My good friend and fellow photographer Kenji Fukudome had auctioned off a family portrait session for a local charity, which the McAvoy's won.  Unfortunately, Kenji was out of the country when baby Sia came into this world, so he asked if I would fill in. I agreed.


Having never shot a family portrait session before, I went in just a tad nervous as I had never met the clients before the shoot, and as a single, unmarried bachelor, with no children of my own, I did not know what to expect.

Long story short, I had an absolutely amazing experience!. The McAvoys were an absolute joy to work with on every level. In fact, I had such a positive experience, I decided that family portraiture is an are that I would lie to specialize in!

Here we are, two years later, baby Sia has grown into a precocious two year old and older sister Keira was just a bundle of joyful energy.

I wanted to thank the McAvoy family for allowing me to spend an afternoon with them enjoying some quality time with them at the beach. Better yet, thank you for the beautiful honor and the opportunity to document the growth of your children.



=BM= 

No comments:

Post a Comment