Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hatsuhinode


The sunrise on the first day of the New Year is known as hatsuhinode.

The picture above was taken at Santa Barbara City College, overlooking the Santa Barbara Harbor as the sun rose just after 7:00 AM.

With the advent of the new year, I decided to give the blog a bit of a facelift with a clearer definition of where I would like to take this for the coming year. I hope you enjoy the new look and format.

Spent a wonderful evening at Calvary Chapel Santa Barbara last night as one of the ministries at church "Real Life" put on an evening of singing, worship, fun and fellowship. Highlights included some AMAZING homemade Buffalo Wings as well as some highly competitive games of dominoes with Carol Smullens and her son. Actually, it was only ONE game of dominoes, and we quickly realized that nobody knew exactly how to play. Nevertheless, a good time was had by all.

This morning I headed up to Lompoc and spent the day with my dear friends the Grahams and had a mini-movie marathon of watching Thor followed by the Avengers. A good time was had by all as we watched movies and ate delicious home-made macaroni and cheese (Maggie's is the BEST!!!) as well as tri-tip. No vegetables were to be found this night, which officially made it a meal of "man-food" for the evening <Insert Tim Allen grunt here>.

I am so blessed to have Chris and Maggie back in my life again. I had lost touch with them for 20 years as I stepped away from the faith (What was I thinking?) and their family have been such a  loving blessing to me over the last two years. Thank you Lord, for bringing be back and having such good friends to fellowship with in your name.

2013 will be a year where I hope to make many, many more deep connections with people of fiath. I hope YOU are one of them!

=BM=

No comments:

Post a Comment